Any dad who has walked through the gates of the most famous theme park in the world will tell you the same thing. “The Happiest Place on Earth” can quickly devolve into the seventh circle of Dante’s Inferno if you’re not prepared.
Between the long lines, expensive food, and masses of humanity, your patience is pulled to the limit at Mickey’s playground.
However, with a little preparation and secrets from beneath The Matterhorn, you can make magical memories with your kids without losing your sanity or your shirt.
On this episode of Dad Life Rules, we talk with Duane Montague, a former cast member, Disney Trivia Champion, and one of the coolest dads ever.
Listen in as we talk about how the magical world of Disney permeates the generation gap and tricks to maximize the Disneyland experience for families.
Listen to Dad Life Rules
To listen to the show, click the player below (If you’re reading this via email or RSS, please click here).
In this episode, Duane and I discuss:
- How one person’s dream effects so many people
- Tips for surviving the inevitable long lines
- Planning an epic family vacation on a budget
- Letting go of grow-up junk
- Where to find the golden dot that used to be the center of Disneyland
- “Magic feels real.” —Duane Montague
- “While you’re at Disneyland, you’re not an adult.” —Duane Montague
- “Part of the problem with the world is too many people grow up.” —Walt Disney
- “My kingdom for a churro!” —KC Procter
How many times have you been to Disneyland (or Disney World)? Which attraction is your favorite? What are your tips for family vacations? Share in the comments
Build Your Digital Toolbox
Tired of trying to organize the chaos of work, life, and home? Get it sorted and remember everything with these tools.